Contest: Ars Scribendi
Studio Colrouphobia challenges YOU in a contest of words. Do you have what it takes to partake in our Ars Scribendi contest?
Unleash you inner storyteller, remove the restraints you have as a game-master, lift the usual restrictions you use as a writer and let your imagination flow.
Should you chose to accept this mission, we need you to write a narrative description of your ultimate illustration. Of all the entries the lucky winner will receive his/her narrative digitally painted and will also receive a signed limited copy of this work.
The following rules apply:
- The narrative can be maximum 500 words
- Sci-FI/Fantasy setting
- The final date of entry is Friday, August 1st 2014
- Professional and amateurs may enter, this is however for a private commission, no companies wanting to get a free bookcover 🙂
- Language: preferably English (Swedish, Dutch and French also work but if possible stick to English)
- We do not own the IP of the written work, if you describe unique characters, the IP is yours
- Any universe is applicable (Please note down whose IP it is)
- Some clarification though: if you want to see an illustration of a man in golden harness, you cannot write “Man in golden harness”. We expect something in the lines of “The imposing figure entered the battlefield, the last rays of the setting sun made the gilded cuirass gleam with a blood red sheen, a stark foreboding of what was to come.”
- Entries can be entered here under this blog entry or on the event created on facebook.
- Feel free to create some noise by using #theclownwrites over on Twitter
The winner will receive a A3 signed copy (and the digital piece) illustrating the narrative and forever glory as the winner of this first edition Ars Scribendi contest.