Whoohoo, we’re rich…or some such…
Life is getting back to it’s normal routine after vacation. Mails have been piling up and some sorting needed to be done. Amidst all the junk and commercial mail we encountered a message from a certain Nigerian prince indicating we are his only relatives and we can inherit a fortune if only we give our bank-details…wow 🙂
First reaction was one of amazement: that mail is still doing the rounds? That felt rather comforting, almost like meeting an old acquaintance, like somethings never die and the internet, despite it’s fleeting character, has some consistency to it. Next conclusion: wow, they must’ve finally ran out of e-mail-addies and doing the rounds again in case they missed some the first time around 🙂
With this mail and the following S. Adams quote (yeah the Dilbert guy 🙂 ) we came to the conclusion that we have gotten some pretty bizarre requests during the years and thought we might share some gems with you. We shall call this category:
I get mail; therefore I am. (S.Adams)
Here are a few questions received by David:
- “I have a loose idea: essentially I want you to paint me violated.” We respectfully declined this one.
- “She should look like she is in agony, not having an orgasm.” Alterations to the piece were made. Up to this day we still cannot see what the client saw 🙂
- “If you paint it in gray-scale, I can colour it in later.”
And here a few from the canvas scene as reported by Natasja:
- “If you paint on paper and use watercolour, instead of oil on canvas. Will it cost less?” No, it is the amount of time spent that makes up the lion-part of the cost of a painting, not so much the materials.
- “Does it have to be this yellow?” (Was a desert scene, oil-painting photo referenced)
- “Do you paint nudes and can I pose? Photo’s do not do me justice.” Person was slightly to eager and overzealous to pose nude. Received naked images for quite a while there, each one captioned “this does not do me justice.” 🙂 Eventually no portrait was made due to clients financial situation.
Now these are just 0.01% of the mails we have received over the years as a studio. It is however remarkable how much more educated our clientele has become, the majority of our customers whether private or corporate are very clear and professional. Most communication really helps us in furthering our artwork. Of course we have grown into this as well, but recently we have not received odd requests and comments. But who knows, perhaps like the Nigerian Prince they will reoccur once and a while.
Anyways, what has the studio been up to the past days?
We can give another glimpse of the super secret Aaron & David project:
More details will follow, this is just an initial concept. Loads of concepts in the pipeline atm.
And number two we can share is the initial sketch for our Ars Scribendi contest winner (yay!) When this piece is finished we will dedicate an entire post to it. So stay tuned.
For our private customers, last week we had no takers for our discount commissions (mostly due to our vacation° so the last two discount slots are still open. They will vanish after this week, so be fast or they be gone 🙂
And now to quote Tigger: TTFN!